NEW NOA COURSE: Biopharmaceuticals: Overview of the industry
NIBRT’s latest on-demand course ‘Biopharmaceuticals: Overview of the Industry’ is now available on NIBRT Online Academy (NOA)
This course is designed to provide learners with a foundational understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry, which will take learners on a journey detailing where biologics come from right through to how they are manufactured. The course serves as a basis for learners to build their knowledge before taking more advanced NOA courses.
A highlight of the course will be self-guided 360o tours of NIBRT’s training plant which replicates a biologic manufacturing site using state-of-the-art training facilities. While on the 360o tours, learners will engage with interactive elements to gain understanding of the biopharmaceutical manufacturing process.
- Describe the differences between biologics and small molecule drugs
- Explain the basics of how biologics are created
- Distinguish between different types of biologics
- Describe the drug discovery and clinical trial process
- Contrast the phases that occur in biopharmaceutical manufacturing from upstream, downstream, and fill-finish
- Describe the role of the Regulator in biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Identify ways a company can ensure standards are met during the biopharmaceutical manufacturing process
- Define and identify what good manufacturing practice is
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is designed for those who have limited knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry and would like to gain an overall understanding of the industry.