NIBRT’s mission is to help the growth and development of the biopharma manufacturing industry by providing cutting edge training and research solutions.
The Institute is based on an innovative collaboration between Industry, Government and Academia and opened its world class facility in 2011 in Dublin, Ireland.
The facility was primarily funded by the Government of Ireland through Ireland's inward investment promotion agency, IDA Ireland (Industrial Development Agency), which is responsible for the attraction and development of foreign investment in Ireland.
NIBRT offers a training and research experience not previously possible anywhere in the world.
State of the Art Facilities
The NIBRT facility is a purpose-built, multi-functional building which replicates the most modern industrial bioprocessing facility. The total building area is approximately 6,500 m² over two floors.
At the heart of the NIBRT building is the bioprocessing pilot plant, consisting of extensive upstream, downstream, fill-finish and the associated analytical facilities.
These facilities are all operated in a realistic GMP simulated, operational manufacturing environment.
The NIBRT Management teams consists of the Senior Management Team, the Scientific Advisory Board and the NIBRT Board of Directors.
To find out more about the team members, please click below.
Become a global leader in biopharmaceutical manufacturing research, education and training
Build out our research and development scale, capability and critical mass to establish NIBRT as a globally recognised centre for industry applied research and process development
Be the hub for bioprocessing manufacturing research in Ireland and internationally
Continue to support the growth and development of the biopharmaceutical industry in Ireland and internationally
- 2021 Pharma Industry Awards: Partnership Alliance of the Year Award for NIBRT global partners programme
- 2020 Pharma Industry Awards: Partnership Alliance of the Year Award for NIBRT and MSD Dunboyne Biologics training collaboration
- 2020 Pharma Industry Awards: Innovation of the Year Award for the NIBRT Online Academy
- 2020 Pharma Industry Awards: Project of the Year Award for the Biopharma 4.0 project with Boston Consulting Group
- 2020 Pharma Industry Awards: Then NIBRT CEO, Dominic Carolan, was presented with the Leader of the Year Award
- 2019 Invest in Ireland Staff Upskilling Award with Takeda Dunboyne Biologics
- 2019 Pharma Industry Awards: Project of the Year Award with Siemens
- 2018 Pharma Industry Awards: Pharma Research Centre of the Year
- 2017 SFI Industry Partnership Award
- 2017 Postgraduate Course of the Year Award in Health Sciences
- 2017 Pharma Industry Awards: Partnership Alliance of the Year with GE Healthcare
- 2016 Pharma Industry Awards: Pharma Education and Training Award
- 2015 Pharma Industry Awards: Pharma Education and Training Award
- 2015 Pharma Industry Awards: Partnership Alliance of the Year with Bristol Myers Squibb
- 2012 ISPE Facility of the Year Award “Novel Collaboration”
- 2012 Bioprocess International “Manufacturing Collaboration of the Decade” Award