Free & 90% Funded Programmes under Springboard+ and HCI Initiative
The HCI initiative is now open for applicants commencing programmes in September 2023 and all applicants can now receive funding towards their programme whether in employment or actively seeking employment.
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland, via the National Training Fund, and the European Union. Human Capital Initiative Pillar 1 is funded by the National Training Fund. Springboard+ and HCI provide free higher education courses in areas of identified skills needs to unemployed people, those previously self-employed and those returning to work.
How much does the programme cost?
All courses are free for those that are unemployed and in receipt of an eligible social welfare payment. All L6 programmes are free, regardless of whether someone is employed or unemployed. For L7 - L9 courses, employed participants pay 10% of course cost with 90% funded.
Will the programme affect my social welfare benefits?
The programme has no effect on a candidate’s social welfare benefits.
Candidates who wish to participate in Springboard + and HCI 2023 will find full details on the approved courses on the dedicated information and applications website springboardcourses.ie
From Working in Construction to a New Career in Biopharma
Springboard+ at NIBRT
NIBRT programmes are specifically designed to meet the requirements of the biopharmaceutical industry and the job seeking candidate including:
- A strong track record of NIBRT candidates obtaining employment in the pharma / biopharma sector
- Hands-on practical placements in NIBRT’s award winning facilities to provide candidates with the practical skills and experience required by Industry.
- Modules in career support and development.
- Instructors with extensive experience in training the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Placements in Industry for top performing Springboard graduates.
Current Springboard Courses
*Level 9 courses are suitable for candidates with an honours degree in science, engineering or related discipline
What are the Job Opportunities in the Biopharma Industry?
- There are 84,000 highly skilled people directly and indirectly employed in the sector and the expectation is that this will increase by up to 10,000 jobs over the next 5 years.
- The biopharma and chemical sector had an export value of €106bn in 2020 – the first time a sector has exceeded the €100 billion mark in a single year.
- 85+ pharmaceutical companies operate in Ireland with exemplary regulatory track records. There are over 50 FDA approved pharma and biopharma plants including 19 of the top 20 world’s biopharma
- The sector has continued to be very successful in attracting international capital investments in the last decade, with approximately €15 billion of new build biopharma facilities announced since 2010.
As places on these courses courses fill rapidly candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as the program is officially launched.
Applicants should apply directly on Springboard+ website. You can view and apply to all NIBRT courses on Springboard+ website using the link below.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. We're here to help!