Current Career Opportunities
NIBRT is a world-class institute that provides training and research solutions for the bioprocessing industry. Our mission is to support the bioprocessing industry by providing a unique learning experience for trainees in an environment that replicates the most modern industrial bioprocessing facility. The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver training in the bioprocessing area to a wide variety of clients as a member of the NIBRT Training team supporting the Training Director and Training Manager across all areas.
- Applicants will be expected to hold a PhD/MSc in related scientific field (Life Science/Biopharmaceutical Processing/Engineering) OR a BSc in a related scientific field combined with relevant (bio) pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Detailed practical knowledge of mammalian cell culture and/or protein purification operations is essential for this role.
- The successful trainer will be a motivated self-starter, capable of working under their own initiative as part of a busy and dynamic training team.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills are essential for this role.
Duties of the Bioprocessing trainer will include:
- Development and delivery of training material including lectures and practical content in upstream, downstream, fill finish and support areas. Day to day operation of pilot production plant facilities and laboratory equipment in NIBRT’s pilot production training facility.
- Implementation and maintenance of documentation for the NIBRT facility and business activities (SOPs, production batch records, project proposals and technical reports).
- Design, and delivery of customised training materials to specific corporate clients (on their site, when required).
- Measurement of training effectiveness through the use of a variety of assessment tools.
- Self-directed learning ensure current knowledge of bioprocessing and an awareness of industry trends and advances.
- Ensuring safe operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and liaising with facilities team at NIBRT to resolve problems.
- Supporting NIBRT in the design and delivery of new and expanded methods of training (e.g. eLearning, blended learning etc.) and work with NIBRT partners to ensure NIBRT fulfill its obligations to same.
- Cover work for colleagues assigned to other projects, annual leave or other duties.
- Hosting tours of NIBRT pilot production plant and attend business development meetings with prospective clients.
- Mentoring junior/new trainers and support their induction into the training department
- Represent the training department at company events (which may on occasion be during evenings or weekends).
- Any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time by your manager.
How To Apply:
To apply for this position please forward your CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of two referees in a combined PDF document to HR Officer Barbara Keegan at Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Your Name and the position that you are applying for – Bioprocessing Trainer (Ref: 201804/03), in the subject line. Closing date Monday 30th April 2018 @ 1pm
NIBRT is an equal opportunities employer.
Download: PDF Job Specification Bioprocessing Trainer