Current Career Opportunities
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver training content in the bioprocessing area to a wide variety of clients as a member of the NIBRT Training team supporting the Training Director and Training Manager across all relevant areas.
Working in NIBRT:
NIBRT is a centre of excellence for bioprocessing research and training with state-of-the-art manufacturing and laboratory facilities. Our dynamic and highly-skilled training team strives for excellence in all that it does and achieves this through a culture of mutual support, collaborative learning and dedication. Specific opportunities for professional growth include:
- Unrivalled and broad-ranging experience in all aspects of the production, analysis and regulation of the most advanced therapies on the market, including cGxP quality management, inspections and audits.
- Upskilling through attendance of international conferences, training courses and further education.
- Development of valuable transferrable skills such as oral and written communication, public speaking, project management and customer service.
Employees also enjoy additional benefits such as generous annual leave, flexi time working arrangements, support for further education, private health insurance and pension benefits.
Duties of the Bioprocessing trainer will include:
- Development and delivery of training material including lectures and practical content in upstream, downstream, fill finish, analytics and support areas.
- Day to day operation of pilot production plant facilities and laboratory equipment in NIBRT’s pilot production training facility.
- Implementation and maintenance of documentation for the NIBRT facility and business activities (SOPs, production batch records, project proposals and technical reports).
- Design, and delivery of customised training materials to specific corporate clients (on their site, when required).
- Measurement of training effectiveness through the use of a variety of assessment tools.
- Self-directed learning to ensure current knowledge of bioprocessing and an awareness of industry trends and advances.
- Ensuring safe operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and liaising with facilities team at NIBRT to resolve problems.
- Supporting NIBRT in the design and delivery of new and expanded methods of training (e.g. eLearning, blended learning etc.) and work with NIBRT partners to ensure NIBRT fulfills its obligations to same.
- Hosting tours of NIBRT pilot production plant and attend business development meetings with prospective clients.
- Mentoring junior/new trainers and support their induction into the training department
- Represent the training department at company events (which may on occasion be during evenings or weekends).
- Any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time by your manager.
- Applicants will be expected to hold a PhD/MSc in related scientific field (Life Science/Biopharmaceutical Processing/Engineering) OR a BSc in a related scientific field combined with relevant (bio) pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Detailed practical knowledge of protein purification operations is essential for this role.
- The successful trainer will be a motivated self-starter, capable of working under their own initiative as part of a busy and dynamic training team.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills are essential for this role.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please forward your CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of two referees in a combined PDF document to the NIBRT HR team at email@example.com. Please include your name and the position for which you are applying plus ref: BT042019 in the subject line. Please note that the successful candidate may be required to supply parchments of degrees/qualifications/work permits. NIBRT is an equal opportunities employer.
Download Bioprocessing Trainer
Purpose of Role
As a member of the NIBRT Contract Bioanalytical Services team the appointed Analytical Scientist will be responsible for the delivery of various research projects for industrial clients. In addition the Analytical Scientist will also be required to carry out various laboratory activities to ensure efficient operation of the contract research laboratory.
Contract Bioanalytical Services Project Execution:
Assist in the planning and scheduling of projects to meet the target deadline.
Perform all laboratory work and data generation.
To maintain an up to-date and detailed laboratory notebook.
Preparation of final reports.
Trouble shoot and method develop where necessary to overcome sample specific issues.
Participate in the review process for other projects conducted within the group.
Effectively and efficiently communicate with the clients where appropriate.
Organise and partake in update calls with clients where necessary.
To attend, contribute, and where necessary lead relevant group/client/other meetings.
Travel to meetings with the client or to attend conferences where necessary.
Participate in all general laboratory and administration duties to ensure sufficient operation of the contract research group.
Inventory management, procurement, invoicing and assisting the Finance Dept. where required.
Laboratory upkeep, equipment management and maintenance, data and IT management for all project related activities.
Ensure all operations adhere to NIBRT’s Health and Safety guidelines.
To provide training to other research staff and students where necessary.
Collaborating with industry/academia to develop new techniques, products or practices.
Perform other duties as requested across NIBRTs various business operations as requested.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
BSc. in analytical chemistry, analytical biochemistry, bio analytical science or an equivalent area.
Strong understanding, interest and demonstrated practical experience in the development and application of both HPLC/UPLC, mass spectrometry and other analytical instrumentation and techniques.
Applicants must also have a good knowledge of glycobiology and proteomics.
Must be highly motivated and be willing to work as part of a diverse team.
Excellent communication skills including competency in written and spoken English
Good problem solving skills.
What We Offer
This post is offered on a 2 year fixed term contract basis and an Employee Benefits Package, to include the following:
Company Pension/Death-in-Service/Life Assurance/ Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Paid Health Care
Employee Referral Scheme
Flexible working hours
Continuous Professional development
How to Apply
To apply for this position please email your CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of two referees in a combined PDF document to the HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 14th June. Please include ‘Your Name and Analytical Scientist (Ref: CR/JW/01052019), in the subject line.
For those who are successfully shortlisted we will be holding first round interviews week commencing 24th June 2019 in NIBRT.
NIBRT is an equal opportunities employer.
Download Analytical Scientist