Current Career Opportunities
Reporting to the CEO, as part of the Senior Management Team, the Operations Director has widespread duties in managing, directing and co-ordinating the engineering and facilities related activities in support of the Institute’s objectives. These responsibilities include;
- Engineering Management. Ensures the NIBRT facility maintains a state of art infrastructure in support of leading edge and emerging manufacturing capability. Responsible for the master-planning, capacity and space planning needs of the Institute.
- Facilities Management. Management of the facility to ensure a high standard is maintained for the 4,000 + trainees per annum as well as the 80 personnel working in the facility. Ensure high availability of equipment in the pilot plants and research labs, with supporting utilities, as per the requirements of the Training and Research teams. Management of the reception, cleaning, cafeteria services, through external service providers.
- Facility Maintenance. Manage the maintenance team to ensure the facility is fully operational at all times, using best practice maintenance and calibration systems.
- Capital Management. Plan and deliver the facility’s capital programme with appropriate project management and reporting in place. Strategically plan the space management requirements of the Institute.
- IT. Manage the IT requirements of the Institute, including the third party external service provider. Co-ordinate the GDPR commitments for NIBRT.
- EHS. Manage all aspects of NIBRT’s environmental, health and safety programmes, ensuring compliance with all NIBRT’s legal responsibilities and licences.
- Other. Assist the leadership team in promoting and progressing the business objectives of the Institute by team participation in multiple business development projects.
The successful candidate will have a degree in a relevant Engineering, Science or Biopharma related discipline, with substantial relevant industrial experience in Biopharma/Pharma. Further qualifications to MSc or MBA level a distinct advantage.
Ideally the successful candidate will have;
- Broad experience of Biopharma/Pharma engineering and manufacturing.
- Proven track record with facilities management and maintenance.
- Capital management experience ideally in both greenfield and facilities expansion projects.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Experience in tendering and contract management.
- Experience with systems integration.
- Understanding of EHS requirements and legislation.
- Track record in continuous improvement.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Be a team player with strong commercial aptitude.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing success of this global centre of excellence for training and research in bioprocessing which closely replicates a modern bioprocessing plant with state of the art equipment.
How to apply
Please send full career details, quoting position no. N18035 to email@example.com or telephone David Garvey on (01) 2867692 (Intl.+353 12867692) for an initial conversation.
Download NIBRT Operations Director
The National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) is a global centre of excellence for training and research in biopharmaceutical manufacturing. NIBRT is located in a world class facility in Dublin, Ireland. This facility is purpose built to closely replicate a modern bioprocessing plant with state-of the art equipment and enables NIBRT to offer the highest quality training and research solutions. NIBRT's mission is to support the growth and development of all aspects of the biopharmaceutical industry in Ireland by becoming the global leader in biopharmaceutical manufacturing research, education and training. This mission will be achieved by:
- Performing high impact, world class, industry aligned research in all aspects of bioprocessing, biopharmaceutical manufacturing, therapeutic protein characterisation, compliance, and regulation.
- Designing, developing and delivering best-in-class education and training solutions across all levels to national and international students and workforces
NIBRT now seeks applications from suitable qualified persons for the position of Contract Research Manager.
Job Title: NIBRT Contract Research Manager
Reporting to: Direct of Projects
Purpose of Role: To manage and develop the contract research services for industrial clients on behalf of NIBRT
Duties/Responsibilities: Contract Research:
- Overseeing all work conducted by the contract research team – Responsible for managing the work carried out by the team for clients.
- Project planning with new and existing clients on a case by case basis to draft custom built bespoke projects.
- Drafting of budgets for individual projects – in association with the NIBRTs Finance Director.
- Provide monthly reports to NIBRT Senior Management.
- Liaison with clients in relation to projects – Project Management of all contract and collaborative research projects to ensure efficient and productive communication with our clients. Ensure that clients are kept up to date on the progress of their projects.
- Overseeing work carried out on projects – reviewing progress of work to ensure that targets are met. Weekly contract research team meetings to get accurate updates and to address any needs of the group.
- Review of all contract reports generated including review of raw data used - Responsible for the integrity of all data and of all of the reports generated by the Contract Research Team on behalf of clients.
- Mentor and support the contract research team with respect to interactions with industrial partners and in managing their projects to ensure they are meeting their targets.
- Provide on-going project support on all key areas as required.
- Review of SOPs and relevant lab paperwork including revision control.
- Develop and implement business plan for the growth of the contract research services provided by NIBRT for the biopharmaceutical industry with a focus on high value bioanalytical characterisation activities.
- Lead the implementation and development of new Contract Research Services and initiatives.
- Develop partnerships with Industry clients to fully understand their bioanalytical requirements and how best NIBRT can address these.
- Working with NIBRT Management Team develop and implement a clearly defined marketing strategy for NIBRT’s contract research services.
- Overseeing work conducted for Industrial Collaborations – To ensure that the correct work is undertaken and to ensure that timelines are adhered to. To ensure efficient communication between NIBRT and industrial collaborators.
- Review of all monthly reports for industrial collaborators.
- Mentor and support Postdoc’s with respect to interactions with industrial partners and in managing their projects to ensure they are meeting their targets.
- Managing expectations for industrial clients.
- Provide on-going project support on all key areas as required.
- Writing grants and providing budgets for grants when required.
- Providing input and support for scientific manuscripts written in conjunction with both academic and industrial collaborators.
- Supporting active collaboration within the NIBRT Research Function.
- Placing and monitoring of external orders – Price negotiations with vendors where applicable and placing of orders on behalf of NIBRT Research. Maintenance of all records in relation to ordering for auditing purposes.
- Drafting of budgets for new grants and collaborative projects – using all of the current information on grants and grant expenditure to draw up budgets for new grant applications.
- Oversee the development of GLP in the contract research laboratory.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 5-7 years post graduate experience in proteomics, analytical glycoscience, analytical chemistry, analytical biochemistry, or an equivalent area.
- Post Graduate qualification in a business related area desirable.
- Experience within a contract research environment or industry QA/QC lab highly desirable.
- Strong understanding, interest and demonstrated practical experience in the development and application of both HPLC/UPLC and mass spectrometry based methods.
- Applicants, ideally, must also have a good knowledge of glycobiology
- The successful researcher must be highly motivated and be willing to work as part of a diverse team.
- Project management skills, effective communication (written and verbal), adaptability, and self-motivation are required attributes
- Good problem solving skills
- Good project management skills
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Travel Requirement: - Approximately 10%
How To Apply:
To apply for this position please email your CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of two referees in a combined PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Your Name and the position that you are applying for – Contract Research Manager (Ref: 201901/KOD), in the subject line.
Closing date 28th February 2019.
Download Contract Reserach Manager
NIBRT is an equal opportunities employer