Current Career Opportunities
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver training content in the bioprocessing area to a wide variety of clients as a member of the NIBRT Training team supporting the Training Director and Training Manager across all relevant areas.
Working in NIBRT:
NIBRT is a centre of excellence for bioprocessing research and training with state-of-the-art manufacturing and laboratory facilities. Our dynamic and highly-skilled training team strives for excellence in all that it does and achieves this through a culture of mutual support, collaborative learning and dedication. Specific opportunities for professional growth include:
- Unrivalled and broad-ranging experience in all aspects of the production, analysis and regulation of the most advanced therapies on the market, including cGxP quality management, inspections and audits.
- Upskilling through attendance of international conferences, training courses and further education.
- Development of valuable transferrable skills such as oral and written communication, public speaking, project management and customer service.
Employees also enjoy additional benefits such as generous annual leave, flexi time working arrangements, support for further education, permanent health insurance and pension benefits.
Duties of the Bioprocessing trainer will include:
- Development and delivery of training material including lectures and practical content in upstream, downstream, fill finish and support areas.
- Day to day operation of pilot production plant facilities and laboratory equipment in NIBRT’s pilot production training facility.
- Implementation and maintenance of documentation for the NIBRT facility and business activities (SOPs, production batch records, project proposals and technical reports).
- Design, and delivery of customised training materials to specific corporate clients (on their site, when required).
- Measurement of training effectiveness through the use of a variety of assessment tools.
- Self-directed learning ensure current knowledge of bioprocessing and an awareness of industry trends and advances.
- Ensuring safe operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and liaising with facilities team at NIBRT to resolve problems.
- Supporting NIBRT in the design and delivery of new and expanded methods of training (e.g. eLearning, blended learning etc.) and work with NIBRT partners to ensure NIBRT fulfill its obligations to same.
- Cover work for colleagues assigned to other projects, annual leave or other duties.
- Hosting tours of NIBRT pilot production plant and attend business development meetings with prospective clients.
- Mentoring junior/new trainers and support their induction into the training department
- Represent the training department at company events (which may on occasion be during evenings or weekends).
- Any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time by your manager.
- Applicants will be expected to hold a PhD/MSc in related scientific field (Life Science/Biopharmaceutical Processing/Engineering) OR a BSc in a related scientific field combined with relevant (bio) pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Detailed practical knowledge of protein purification operations is essential for this role.
- The successful trainer will be a motivated self-starter, capable of working under their own initiative as part of a busy and dynamic training team.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills are essential for this role.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please forward your CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of two referees in a combined PDF document to the NIBRT HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 16th November at the close of business. Please include your name and the position for which you are applying plus ref BPTDWS – 012018 in the subject line. Please note that the successful candidate may be required to supply parchments of degrees/qualifications/work permits
Download Bioprocessing Downstream Trainer
Reporting to the CEO, as part of the Senior Management Team, the Operations Director has widespread duties in managing, directing and co-ordinating the engineering and facilities related activities in support of the Institute’s objectives. These responsibilities include;
- Engineering Management. Ensures the NIBRT facility maintains a state of art infrastructure in support of leading edge and emerging manufacturing capability. Responsible for the master-planning, capacity and space planning needs of the Institute.
- Facilities Management. Management of the facility to ensure a high standard is maintained for the 4,000 + trainees per annum as well as the 80 personnel working in the facility. Ensure high availability of equipment in the pilot plants and research labs, with supporting utilities, as per the requirements of the Training and Research teams. Management of the reception, cleaning, cafeteria services, through external service providers.
- Facility Maintenance. Manage the maintenance team to ensure the facility is fully operational at all times, using best practice maintenance and calibration systems.
- Capital Management. Plan and deliver the facility’s capital programme with appropriate project management and reporting in place. Strategically plan the space management requirements of the Institute.
- IT. Manage the IT requirements of the Institute, including the third party external service provider. Co-ordinate the GDPR commitments for NIBRT.
- EHS. Manage all aspects of NIBRT’s environmental, health and safety programmes, ensuring compliance with all NIBRT’s legal responsibilities and licences.
- Other. Assist the leadership team in promoting and progressing the business objectives of the Institute by team participation in multiple business development projects.
The successful candidate will have a degree in a relevant Engineering, Science or Biopharma related discipline, with substantial relevant industrial experience in Biopharma/Pharma. Further qualifications to MSc or MBA level a distinct advantage.
Ideally the successful candidate will have;
- Broad experience of Biopharma/Pharma engineering and manufacturing.
- Proven track record with facilities management and maintenance.
- Capital management experience ideally in both greenfield and facilities expansion projects.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Experience in tendering and contract management.
- Experience with systems integration.
- Understanding of EHS requirements and legislation.
- Track record in continuous improvement.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Be a team player with strong commercial aptitude.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing success of this global centre of excellence for training and research in bioprocessing which closely replicates a modern bioprocessing plant with state of the art equipment.
How to apply
Please send full career details, quoting position no. N18035 to email@example.com or telephone David Garvey on (01) 2867692 (Intl.+353 12867692) for an initial conversation.
Download NIBRT Operations Director