Current Career Opportunities
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver training content in the bioprocessing area to a wide variety of clients as a member of the NIBRT Training team supporting the Training Director and Training Manager across all relevant areas.
Working in NIBRT:
NIBRT is a centre of excellence for bioprocessing research and training with state-of-the-art manufacturing and laboratory facilities. Our dynamic and highly-skilled training team strives for excellence in all that it does and achieves this through a culture of mutual support, collaborative learning and dedication. Specific opportunities for professional growth include:
- Unrivalled and broad-ranging experience in all aspects of the production, analysis and regulation of the most advanced therapies on the market, including cGxP quality management, inspections and audits.
- Upskilling through attendance of international conferences, training courses and further education.
- Development of valuable transferrable skills such as oral and written communication, public speaking, project management and customer service.
Employees also enjoy additional benefits such as generous annual leave, flexi time working arrangements, support for further education, private health insurance and pension benefits.
Duties of the Bioprocessing trainer will include:
- Development and delivery of training material including lectures and practical content in upstream, downstream, fill finish, analytics and support areas.
- Day to day operation of pilot production plant facilities and laboratory equipment in NIBRT’s pilot production training facility.
- Implementation and maintenance of documentation for the NIBRT facility and business activities (SOPs, production batch records, project proposals and technical reports).
- Design, and delivery of customised training materials to specific corporate clients (on their site, when required).
- Measurement of training effectiveness through the use of a variety of assessment tools.
- Self-directed learning to ensure current knowledge of bioprocessing and an awareness of industry trends and advances.
- Ensuring safe operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and liaising with facilities team at NIBRT to resolve problems.
- Supporting NIBRT in the design and delivery of new and expanded methods of training (e.g. eLearning, blended learning etc.) and work with NIBRT partners to ensure NIBRT fulfills its obligations to same.
- Hosting tours of NIBRT pilot production plant and attend business development meetings with prospective clients.
- Mentoring junior/new trainers and support their induction into the training department
- Represent the training department at company events (which may on occasion be during evenings or weekends).
- Any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time by your manager.
- Applicants will be expected to hold a PhD/MSc in related scientific field (Life Science/Biopharmaceutical Processing/Engineering) OR a BSc in a related scientific field combined with relevant (bio) pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Detailed practical knowledge of protein purification operations is essential for this role.
- The successful trainer will be a motivated self-starter, capable of working under their own initiative as part of a busy and dynamic training team.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills are essential for this role.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please forward your CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of two referees in a combined PDF document to the NIBRT HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the position for which you are applying plus ref: BT042019 in the subject line. Please note that the successful candidate may be required to supply parchments of degrees/qualifications/work permits. NIBRT is an equal opportunities employer.
Download Bioprocessing Trainer
There is very significant interest in Gene Therapy approaches to disease treatment currently. Adeno-associated virus (AAV)-based gene therapies represent an exciting new wave of advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) that are being generated for the treatment of ailments caused by a defective gene within certain patient populations. AAV based gene therapy is used to deliver a correctly functioning copy of the gene to the patient. Very promising results have been reported in a number of genetic diseases including haemophilia and ocular degeneration.
However, current yields of AAV from the manufacturing process mean that supplying patients with the required quantities of medicine will be challenging.
This project – a collaboration between NIBRT and Allergan Biologics – will address the following challenges in AAV production:
- To optimise a cell culture process for generation of infectious AAV particles of various serotypes
- To establish vectors and transfection/transduction conditions to minimise incorrect packaging events
- To investigate sensitive analytical methods for the characterisation of the resulting AAV particles that enable differentiation between full and empty AAV capsids
NIBRT is hiring two Research Fellows and two Postdoctoral Scientists to address these areas of interest.
Further information available Gene Therapy Vacancies.
NIBRT are seeking an enthusiastic Postdoctoral Researcher to join the NIBRT GlycoScience group.
The Postdoctoral Researcher will study the IgG N-glycome in patients from a population-based study in A-Estrada (North-West Spain) to investigate the association of serum IgG N-glycome variants with prevalent inflammatory diseases in adults, as well as the potential identification of markers for these diseases.
The central focus of this fully funded 6 months position will be to profile 581 samples from these individuals on an automated platform and quantify IgG N-glycans. The generated data will be incorporated into an existing dataset collected by our collaborator Prof Arturo Gonzalez-Quintela from University of Santiago de Compostela and will be studied collectively.
The successful candidate will be based in NIBRT under the supervision of Dr Radka Fahey (Saldova)/Dr Roisin O’Flaherty (line managers) at our facility on Foster Avenue, Mount Merrion working within the NIBRT GlycoScience Group.
The key responsibilities of the role include
Managing and conducting this specific project under the leadership of the principal investigators (PIs);
Disseminating the outcomes of this research at project meetings, through written reports and through publication in peer-reviewed academic journals of international standing;
Assisting in the further development of the research programme and in seeking and pursuing appropriate external funding;
Liaising with all project partners’ and relevant industries where necessary;
Engaging in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as determined by the PIs;
Preparing and presenting progress reports and research findings to colleagues for review purposes;
Participating fully in the wider research and scholarly activities of the group within the remit and restrictions of the appointed position
Carrying out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager;
Comply with all NIBRT policies and regulations, including those in relation to Research Ethics and Health and Safety.
PhD or equivalent in analytical chemistry, analytical science, separation science, bioanalytical
science, proteomics or another relevant discipline.
Previous experience in the use of modern liquid chromatography instrumentation;
familiar with glycan analysis and knowledge of mass spectrometry are advantage.
Knowledge, demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications, of analytical
methods for the structural elucidation of glycans.
Commitment to research excellence.
Effective report/publication writing, knowledge transfer and communication skills
with the ability to present complex information effectively to a range of audiences
Self-motivated and ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team
Ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet deadlines.
High levels of energy and motivation with ability to adapt to new challenges.
Good organisation and planning skills, attention to details.
What we offer
Employees enjoy benefits such as paid private health insurance with LAYA, 25 days annual
leave per annum, paid company days off each year, ability to work up flexi-time hours each
month, elect your own early/late start and finish times outside of core hours, we contribute
to your pension, we provide free parking on site and we have lots more on offer.
How To Apply:
To apply for this position please email your CV, cover letter and the names and contact
details of two referees in a combined PDF document to email@example.com. Please include
‘Your Name and Postdoctoral Researcher (Ref: RF/pdr), in the email subject line. Closing
date 23rd August 2019.