Current Career Opportunities
Reporting to the CEO, as part of the Senior Management Team, the Operations Director has widespread duties in managing, directing and co-ordinating the engineering and facilities related activities in support of the Institute’s objectives. These responsibilities include;
- Engineering Management. Ensures the NIBRT facility maintains a state of art infrastructure in support of leading edge and emerging manufacturing capability. Responsible for the master-planning, capacity and space planning needs of the Institute.
- Facilities Management. Management of the facility to ensure a high standard is maintained for the 4,000 + trainees per annum as well as the 80 personnel working in the facility. Ensure high availability of equipment in the pilot plants and research labs, with supporting utilities, as per the requirements of the Training and Research teams. Management of the reception, cleaning, cafeteria services, through external service providers.
- Facility Maintenance. Manage the maintenance team to ensure the facility is fully operational at all times, using best practice maintenance and calibration systems.
- Capital Management. Plan and deliver the facility’s capital programme with appropriate project management and reporting in place. Strategically plan the space management requirements of the Institute.
- IT. Manage the IT requirements of the Institute, including the third party external service provider. Co-ordinate the GDPR commitments for NIBRT.
- EHS. Manage all aspects of NIBRT’s environmental, health and safety programmes, ensuring compliance with all NIBRT’s legal responsibilities and licences.
- Other. Assist the leadership team in promoting and progressing the business objectives of the Institute by team participation in multiple business development projects.
The successful candidate will have a degree in a relevant Engineering, Science or Biopharma related discipline, with substantial relevant industrial experience in Biopharma/Pharma. Further qualifications to MSc or MBA level a distinct advantage.
Ideally the successful candidate will have;
- Broad experience of Biopharma/Pharma engineering and manufacturing.
- Proven track record with facilities management and maintenance.
- Capital management experience ideally in both greenfield and facilities expansion projects.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Experience in tendering and contract management.
- Experience with systems integration.
- Understanding of EHS requirements and legislation.
- Track record in continuous improvement.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Be a team player with strong commercial aptitude.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing success of this global centre of excellence for training and research in bioprocessing which closely replicates a modern bioprocessing plant with state of the art equipment.
How to apply
Please send full career details, quoting position no. N18035 to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone David Garvey on (01) 2867692 (Intl.+353 12867692) for an initial conversation.
Download NIBRT Operations Director
NIBRT are seeking an enthusiastic Postdoctoral Researcher to join the NIBRT GlycoScience group on Science Foundation Ireland funded project Microbe Mom SFI Spoke (16/SP/3827).
This project is a unique collaboration between the SFI Research Centre APC Microbiome Ireland in Teagasc and University College Cork (UCC), the UCD Perinatal Research Centre, School of Medicine, University College Dublin, Alimentary Health Ltd and National Institute of Biotechnology Research and Training (NIBRT). The aim of the project is to determine the dietary, and maternal factors (such as health status) that contribute to the composition and optimal transfer of microbes from mother-to-infant.
NIBRT’s part of the project includes development of technologies on an automated platform for analysis of glycolipids (GSL) and milk oligosaccharides (HMOs) and full characterization of major glycans including lactose content from these samples (WAX-HPLC, HILIC-UPLC, exoglycosidase digestions, mass spectrometry). The successful candidate will be based in NIBRT under the supervision of Dr Radka Fahey (Saldova) (Principal Investigator- PI and line manager) working on this part of the project.
The successful candidate will be based at NIBRT Limited facility Fosters Avenue, Mount Merrion, Co. Dublin working within the NIBRT GlycoScience Group and will be required to travel to UCC or UCD for meetings and also to national/international conferences and meetings.
The Role- key responsibilities of the job include
- Managing and conducting this specific project under the leadership of the PI;
- Disseminating the outcomes of this research at project meetings, through written reports and through publication in peer-reviewed academic journals of international standing;
- Assisting in the further development of the research programme and in seeking and pursuing appropriate external funding;
- Liaising with all project partners’ and relevant industries where necessary;
- Engaging in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as determined by the PI;
- Preparing and presenting progress reports and research findings to colleagues for review purposes;
- Participating fully in the wider research and scholarly activities of the group within the remit and restrictions of the appointed position
- Carrying out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager;
- Comply with all NIBRT policies and regulations, including those in relation to Research Ethics and Health and Safety.
- PhD in analytical chemistry, analytical science, separation science, bio-analytical science, proteomics or another relevant discipline.
- Previous experience in the use of modern liquid chromatography instrumentation and familiar with glycan analysis;
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry and experience of programming and/or working with laboratory robotics systems (Hamilton Structured Language / C++) is an advantage;
- Knowledge, demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications, of analytical methods for the structural elucidation of glycans.
- Self-motivated and ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team to an agreed work plan.
- Ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- High levels of energy and motivation with ability to adapt to new challenges.
- Good organisation and planning skills, attention to details.
- Commitment to research excellence.
- Effective report/publication writing, knowledge transfer and communication skills with the ability to present complex information effectively to a range of audiences (conferences, meetings).
How To Apply:
To apply for this position please email your CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of two referees in a combined PDF document to email@example.com. Please include ‘Your Name and the position that you are applying for – Postdoctoral Researcher (Ref: 201901/RF), in the subject line. Closing date 12th April 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland and hold an up-to-date working visa
NIBRT is an equal opportunities employer.
Download Postdoctoral Researcher
The Position: Online Training Specialist
The purpose of this new role is to grow the NIBRT online commercial training function and to implement best-in-class online solutions for NIBRT’s education and training clients. Working as part of the Training team, the Online Training Specialist will lead in developing and implementing plans and activities to ensure we meet our strategic focus on online content development and delivery. The successful candidate will by anticipating and responding expertly to our client needs and commercial opportunities set the highest professional standards for the training department both internally and externally.
Working in NIBRT:
NIBRT is a centre of excellence for bioprocessing research and training with state-of-the-art manufacturing and laboratory facilities. Our dynamic and highly-skilled training team delivers expert training solutions for our clients and operates to the highest standards in all that it does working with a culture of mutual support, collaborative learning and dedication. Specific opportunities for professional growth include:
- Unrivalled and broad-ranging experience in all aspects of the production, analysis and regulation of the most advanced therapies on the market, including cGxP quality management, inspections and audits
- Upskilling through attendance and presentation at international conferences, training courses and further education.
- Development of valuable transferrable skills such as oral and written communication, public speaking, project management and customer service.
Reporting to the Training Director the key duties of the Online Training Specialist will include:
- Implement NIBRT’s Online Academy initiative.
- Liaise with the Training Team on the online development of training material including lectures and practical content in upstream, downstream, fill finish and support areas.
- Drive initiatives for the design and delivery of new and expanded methods of training (e.g. AR, VR, IR etc.) and work with NIBRT partners to ensure NIBRT fulfill its obligations to same.
- Measurement of online training effectiveness through the use of a variety of assessment tools.
- Design, implementation and maintenance NIBRT’s commercial online training curriculum.
- Liaise with new/prospective clients to understand their online training needs and assist NIBRT secure their business by supporting the development and delivery of solutions to these needs.
- Customise, plan and coordinate the delivery of training programs and materials to specific corporate clients (on their site, when required).
- Be fully informed of industry practices and changes to ensure NIBRT is fully up to date in relation to client needs and future industry changes and needs.
- Mentoring Trainers to support their competence in online development
- Represent the training department at company events (which may on occasion be during evenings or weekends).
- Any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time by your manager.
The ideal candidates will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in designing and implementing commercial online training solutions is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of leading online authoring and Learning Management Systems required.
- Highly IT competent with detailed knowledge of digital content management
- You must hold a degree in related scientific field (Life Science/Biopharmaceutical Processing/Engineering) with relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and oral and ideally be an accomplished presenter.
- Practical knowledge of mammalian cell culture and/or protein purification operations is desirable but not essential for this role.
- The successful person will be a motivated self-starter, capable of working under their own initiative as part of a busy and dynamic training team.
- The successful person will have previous experience of working in a third level training and or educational environment.
What we offer:
This role is being offered on a full time basis, working out of our state-of-the-art facility in Mount Merrion, Dublin. In addition to a competitive salary we offer additional benefits such as generous annual leave, flexi time working arrangements, support for further education, life cover, income continuance and pension benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please email your CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of two referees in a combined PDF document to the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the position ref that you are applying for (Ref: TD/JM/KOD/01), in the subject line.
Download Online Training Specialist
NIBRT is an equal opportunities employer.