NIBRT Transition Year Programme 2024
Applications with Video Submissions by: 31st October 2023
Successful applicants informed by: 15th November 2023
TY Programme at NIBRT: 23rd-27th January 2024
- 2nd October 2023: Application opens (submit application)
- 31st October 2023: Application closes (submit application). The successful students will be selected by a panel.
- 15th November 2023: Students and schools are notified if they have been successful in securing a place and placement confirmation will be requested.
- 29th November 2023: Final date for student placement confirmation. If a student fails to confirm a registration by this date, the place will be re-allocated to a student on the waiting list.
- 7th January 2024: A detailed program pack will be sent to students and schools which will include a parental consent form, the placement itinerary, rules, regulations, and health and safety information.
- 29rd-27th January 2024: TY Programme at NIBRT
The NIBRT Transition Year program 2024 will take place from Monday 29rd January to Friday 2nd of February 2024 at NIBRT facility Dublin. Five applicants are chosen based on an video submission competition.
Five successful students will get the opportunity to experience what it is like to study biopharmaceuticals and work in this life changing industry. This program is open to all students currently in transition year with an interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). One place on the programme is reserved for a student from a DEIS school.
The five-day placement in NIBRT will allow students the opportunity to experience the state-of-the-art bioprocessing facilities at NIBRT and learn from scientists and engineers working in the research and training teams.
Over the five-day programme, students will participate in lectures and workshops and experience a real-life bioprocessing facility.
To apply for a placement interested students should submit a three-minute video discussion entitled;
“What is Biopharmaceutical Science and why I would like to study at NIBRT?”
The competition is an opportunity for participants to express themselves creatively, explore new ideas, and have fun.
Original Content: All videos submitted must be original creations by the participants.
Format: The video format must be MP4, MOV – this can be easily recorded on a mobile phone
NIBRT will contact the successful students via email before the 15th of November 2023. The placement will take place from Monday the 29th January 2024 to Friday to the 2nd February 2024.
Successful schools are given one place on the program. Due to the popularity of the program, NIBRT may only accept one student per school. One place is reserved for a student from a DEIS school. Unsuccessful students are placed on the waiting list, should places become available.
NIBRT will be responsible for students between the hours of 9:30am and 16:30pm daily. We do not accept responsibility for students outside of these hours. Travel and accommodation for the program cannot be organised by NIBRT. NIBRT will organise lunch for students however students are welcome to bring their own packed lunches if preferred.