NIBRT Transition Year Program 2022
The NIBRT Transition Year program 2021 is now closed for applications.
The NIBRT Transition Year program 2022 will take place from Monday, 24th January 2022 to Friday, 28th of January 2022 at NIBRT, Fosters Avenue Dublin on the grounds of University College Dublin. Five successful students will get the opportunity to experience what it is like to study biopharmaceuticals and work in this life changing industry. This program is open to all students currently in transition year with an interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). The five day placement in NIBRT will allow students the opportunity to experience the state-of-the-art bioprocessing facilities at NIBRT and learn from scientists and engineers working in the research and training teams.
The placement will conclude with a dedicated group project presented to management by the students.
Over the five-day programme, students will participate in lectures and workshops and experience a real-life bioprocessing facility.
To apply for a placement interested students should submit a two page typed A4 essay sized 12 font titled,
“What is biopharmaceutical science and how does it impact our lives?”
Students should submit this essay before 29th October 2021 to the email address email@example.com. The email subject is NIBRT TY Program 2021.
NIBRT will contact the successful students via email before the 15th of November 2021. The placement will take place from Monday the 24th January 2022 to Friday the 28th January 2022.
The application process for the 2022 program is as follows:
• 13th September: Application for students opens. Details on how to apply for the program will be live on the NIBRT website and information available to all transition year school program co-coordinators.
• 29th October: Application closes. The successful students will be selected by a panel.
• 15th November: Students and schools are notified if they have been successful in securing a place and placement confirmation will be requested.
• 29th November: Final date for student placement confirmation. If a student fails to confirm a registration by this date, the place will be re-allocated to a student on the waiting list.
• 10th January: A detailed program pack will be sent to students and schools which will include a parental consent form, the placement itinerary, rules, regulations, and health and safety information.
The parental consent form will need to be signed and returned before the program begins.
Successful schools are given one place on the program. Due to the popularity of the program, NIBRT may only accept one student per school.
Unsuccessful students are placed on the waiting list, should places become available.
NIBRT will be responsible for students between the hours of 9:30am and 16:30pm daily. We do not accept responsibility for students outside of these hours. Travel and accommodation for the program cannot be organized by NIBRT.
NIBRT will organize lunch for students however students are welcome to bring their own packed lunches if preferred.