Takeda have invested over $600M in a new state-of-the art biologics facility in Dunboyne, Co. Meath, Ireland. This single-use and paperless facility will provide significant flexibility to meet the growing demands of biologic products and will be fully operational in 2020.
Takeda Dunboyne Biologics will be at the cutting edge of innovation in the biopharmaceutical industry with a biologics product portfolio that delivers the most innovative product for patients. Takeda’s vision is to create a highly committed, agile team of champions, delivering life-changing medicines to patients where the learning environment provides individuals the opportunity to reach their full potential, customer value is constantly changing and thinking is at “the edge of next”.
To achieve this vision, Takeda developed an innovative collaboration with NIBRT:
- To design, develop and deliver customized training programmes to enhance the biomanufacturing skills of the Takeda teams by leveraging the NIBRT Cytiva Single Use Technology Centre of Excellence, and Emerson manufacturing automation suite.
- To setup a laboratory in NIBRT with Takeda qualified equipment to implement the Quality Control (QC) Teams training in NIBRT and on return to Dunboyne to successfully fast-track the technology transfer process.
- To train the agile teams in the NIBRT facility including Manufacturing, Engineering, Facilities, Micro and Support Teams.
- To base QC 20 employees at the NIBRT facility for nearly 12 months to support start-up activities in Dunboyne.
- To host Takeda Careers in Biopharma events at NIBRT to help hire the best scientific and engineering talent.