The National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (‘NIBRT’) is a global centre of excellence, headquartered in Dublin that provides training and research solutions to the global biopharmaceutical manufacturing sector.
NIBRT arose from an innovative collaboration between University College Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin City University and the Institute of Technology, Sligo, with core funding by the Government of Ireland through Ireland’s inward investment agency, IDA Ireland.
NIBRT’s 6,500 M² facility has 90+ employees currently and houses fully operational pilot plants for biologics manufacturing training to industry and education as well as multiple research laboratories focussed on biopharmaceuticals manufacturing research.
Bioprocessing Trainer (multiple vacancies)
John Milne, Training Director
Permanent Full-time position
Open for applications
As soon as available (position to be filled as soon as possible)
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary and excellent suite of benefits including pension, private health insurance, income protection scheme, 25 days annual leave plus up to 3 additional company days off, generous training and career development supports, flexible working hours and work from home set up supported.
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver training content to a wide variety of clients in the bioprocessing sector. The successful candidate will participate as a member of the NIBRT Training Team and will support the Training Director and Training Manager across all relevant areas.
- Development and delivery of training material including lectures and practical content in biopharmaceutical processing operations.
- Day to day operation of pilot plant facilities and laboratory equipment in NIBRT’s pilot production training facility.
- Implementation and maintenance of documentation for the NIBRT facility and business activities (SOPs, production batch records, project proposals and technical reports).
- Design, and delivery of customised training materials for clients onsite, online or offsite.
- Measurement of training effectiveness using a variety of assessment tools.
- Self-directed learning to ensure current knowledge of bioprocessing and an awareness of industry trends and advances.
- Ensuring safe operation and maintenance of laboratory and plant equipment and liaising with facilities team at NIBRT to resolve problems.
- Supporting NIBRT in the design and delivery of new and expanded methods of training (e.g. eLearning, blended learning etc.)
- Hosting tours of NIBRT pilot production plant and attend business development meetings with prospective clients.
- Represent the training department at company events (which may on occasion be during evenings or weekends).
- Any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time by your manager.
- You will hold a PhD in related scientific field (Life Science/Biopharmaceutical Processing/Engineering) OR a BSc/MSc in a related scientific field combined with relevant (bio) pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Detailed practical knowledge of bioprocessing manufacturing operations is essential.
- Documented interest, knowledge, or experience in one or more of the following is desired:
- Cell and gene therapies
- Vaccine manufacture
- QC Microbiology
- Sterile Fill Finish & aseptic processing of final drug product
- Biopharma 4.0 technologies
- Automation for Biopharma (DeltaV, LIMS etc.)
- QC Bioanalytics
- Drug Substance Manufacture
Required Skills & Competencies
- Motivated self-starter, capable of working under their own initiative as part of a busy and dynamic training team.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills are essential for this role.
How To Apply?
To apply for this position please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include your name and the position which you are applying for in the subject line. Please note that the successful candidate may be required to supply parchments of degrees/qualifications/work permits.
Informal enquiries can be made in confidence by contacting our Project Manager, Therese Keohane at firstname.lastname@example.org
NIBRT is an Equal Opportunities Employer.