This course provides both classroom and laboratory instruction within cell therapy processes and cell manufacturing under good manufacturing practice (GMP) procedures. Divided into upstream, cell expansion, and downstream applications, practical laboratory sessions will provide beginning-to-end technical knowledge and training on industry standard equipment and reagents. Guidance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) development will also be discussed. Templates for SOPs are provided upon request.
Please contact us at Training@nibrt.ie to reserve your place on the next available course.
Cell T1: Advanced Cell Therapy Technology
Who should attend
This training course will be useful for research and development scientists, process engineers, and manufacturing technicians. A basic understanding of cell culture and corresponding techniques is required for this course.
Key topics covered
- Overview of cell therapy workflows and cell types
- Tube welding and aseptic fluid transfer
- Cell counting
- Isolation technologies
- Transduction and vectors
- Activation process and technologies
- Cell culture media development and design
- Cell expansion and perfusion applications
- Harvesting platforms
- Final formulation and cryopreservation
- Scale-up and scale-out
- SOP development
- Process evaluation and optimization
After the course, you will be able to:
- Apply detailed theoretical cell therapy process knowledge to upstream, cell expansion, and downstream applications
- Identify bottlenecks and troubleshoot your specific processes
- Perform industry standard techniques related to cell therapy manufacturing, with an emphasis on T-cell processes
- Implement strategies used for process optimization and evaluation