NIBRT Online Conference
Biopharma Focus on the Future 2023
Welcome to the Biopharma Focus on the Future Conference brought to you by National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) in Dublin, Ireland. This event took place in NIBRT and online on the 20th of April 2023.
The conference brought together internationally recognised academic experts and distinguished speakers who shared their insights and explored the latest advances in biopharmaceutical manufacturing science and technology.
Join us for recordings of this day of cutting-edge discussion on the optimisation of biologic medicine and advanced therapeutic manufacturing.
Explore the complete conference schedule and discover compelling speaker biographies by clicking on the tabs above. While viewing of recordings is free, please note that participants must register in advance.
Watch Recorded Session
- Prof. Kelvin Lee - Director of the Manufacturing USA National Institute for Innovation in Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals (NIIMBL) - Biomanufacturing Innovation. The Importance & Impact of Going First Together.
- Prof. Elizabeth Topp - CSO, National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) - Research at NIBRT
- Grainne Power - Director of Compliance, Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) - Focus on the Future: A Regulatory Perspective
- Prof. Johan Rockberg - Professor in Antibody Engineering and Directed Evolution KTH - Royal Inst. Technology Dept Protein Science, School of engineering sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health Stockholm - Systems and Synthetic Biology for improved titre & quality of Non-classical Biologics
- Dr. Colin Clarke - Principal Investigator, National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT), Ireland - Annotation of the non-canonical CHO cell translatome
- Dr. Dong-Yup Lee - Associate Professor of the School of Chemical Engineering at the Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU), South Korea - The future of bioprocessing: data-driven predictions and model-guided framework for mammalian cell cultures
- Bjørn Gunnar Voldborg - Head of the National Biologics Facility and Director of the Cell Line and Protein Production Facility at DTU, Denmark - The next generation of CHO cells for the production of therapeutic proteins
- Dr Nathan Lewis - Associate Professor at University of California San Diego, USA - Towards Actionable Omics in Cell Factory Design and Manufacturing of Biologics
- Prof Jane Farrar - Head of the School of Genetics and Microbiology, Trinity College Dublin, and a Professor in the School, Ireland - Gene Therapy Renaissance: A snapshot of preclinical development to clinical applications
Dr Sandro Matosevic - Assistant Professor in the College of Pharmacy at Purdue University, and member of the Purdue Center for Cancer Research, USA - Reprogramming natural killer cells for next-generation immunotherapies of cancer
Prof Bruce Levine - Barbara and Edward Netter Professor in Cancer Gene Therapy, Founding Director of the Clinical Cell and Vaccine Production Facility (CVPF) in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and the Abramson Cancer Center, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, USA - Development, Approvals, Access & Prospects of Engineered T Cell Therapies
Location: Online, Free to watch. When: 26th May 2023, 10.00 (Dublin Local Time)
Please fill out the below form to view video.
Featuring keynote speakers:
Prof. Kelvin Lee, Director, National Institute for Innovation in Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals (NIMBL), USA.
Prof. Bruce Levine, Founding Director, Clinical Cell and Vaccine Production Facility, University of Pennsylvania, USA.
Conference speaker topics include:
Advanced analytical characterisation of biologics and advanced therapies
Systems biology for biopharmaceutical manufacturing
The application of data science for biopharma manufacturing
Cell and gene therapy manufacturing science and technology
Clinical research and regulatory science for new modalities
Research at NIBRT
NIBRT Research is a world leader in developing innovative technologies that advance biopharmaceutical manufacturing and a resource for the global biopharmaceutical industry. Inspired by the manufacturing challenges facing the industry, NIBRT Research makes transformative discoveries across multidisciplinary areas such as analytical science, cell and genetic engineering, informatics, and bioprocess engineering. These discoveries are utilised to advance the state-of-the-art in their fields and revolutionise the manufacturing of recombinant proteins, vaccines and cell and gene therapies.
NIBRT is soon to launch a large scale expansion to our existing facility which will include five new laboratories dedicated to research in advanced therapies. This expansion will increase NIBRT’s capability in Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) including Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT) research and training. The €21 million project is funded by the IDA Ireland and the Government of Ireland and will become an integral part in placing Ireland at the forefront of ATMP research, training and innovation.
NIBRT supports the growth and advancement of the biopharma manufacturing industry by offering state-of-the-art training and research solutions. Through a unique collaboration between industry, government, and academia, NIBRT opened its world-class facility in Dublin, Ireland in 2011.
The facility was primarily funded by IDA Ireland (Industrial Development Agency), Ireland's inward investment promotion agency, which is dedicated to attracting and developing foreign investment in Ireland. As a result, NIBRT provides an unparalleled training and research experience that was previously unavailable anywhere in the world