The National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (‘NIBRT’) is a global centre of excellence, headquartered in Dublin that provides training and research solutions to the global biopharmaceutical manufacturing sector.
NIBRT arose from an innovative collaboration between University College Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin City University and the Institute of Technology, Sligo, with core funding by the Government of Ireland through Ireland’s inward investment agency, IDA Ireland.
NIBRT’s 6,500 M² facility has 90+ employees currently and houses fully operational pilot plants for biologics manufacturing training to industry and education as well as multiple research laboratories focussed on biopharmaceuticals manufacturing research.
Cell Line Development and Gene Therapy Scientist
36 months, Fixed Term Contract
Open for applications
As soon as available (position to be filled as soon as possible)
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary and excellent suite of benefits including pension, private health insurance, income protection scheme, 25 days annual leave plus up to 3 additional company days off, generous training and career development supports, flexible working hours and work from home set up supported.
We are currently searching for a dynamic, hard-working laboratory-based Scientist to join our team at CONCEPT. CONCEPT is a brand-new, state-of-the-art facility constructed at NIBRT and supported through Science Foundation Ireland, with access to emerging technology platforms. We aim to provide a National Core Facility for researchers and the biopharmaceutical industry to access and drive rapid generation of optimised cell lines for production of recombinant proteins, mABs, cell therapies, gene therapies and RNA therapeutics.
This position offers a unique opportunity to develop expertise and experience in Biologics (mAB and recombinant proteins) and Advance Therapeutic Medicinal Product development (Gene and RNA therapeutics). These dynamic and exciting areas of research have rapidly expanded in recent years, offering novel and real-world treatment options for patients suffering from recalcitrant and life-limiting conditions.
- Attending scheduled training and developing expertise in relevant instrumentation and techniques.
- Assisting in experimental design.
- Developing and validating methods and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performing experiments with high precision, reproducibility, quality control and validation.
- Generating and completing records, with precision and accuracy in a timely manner.
- Reporting progress, experimental issues and bottlenecks to facilitate continued process and operational improvement.
- Generating and presenting data, publication-ready plots and reports that accurately represent experimental data to stakeholders.
- A PhD or MSc in molecular biology, cell biology, biopharmaceutical science or another relevant field is essential.
- Research experience or industrial experience in biotechnology or biopharmaceuticals is required.
- Experience in cloning and vector design work is advantageous.
- Excellent cell culture skills, including CHO and HEK cell culture.
- Demonstrated expertise developing mammalian expression technologies for the generation of monoclonal antibody and recombinant protein therapeutic products.
- Experience of mammalian cell line optimisation, clone isolation, characterisation, and banking.
- Experience in CHO cell line process development and optimisation.
- Experience in antibody characterization techniques for assessment of kinetics, affinity and competitive binding using SPR or other techniques.
- Hands-on experience in developing and validating Gene Therapy products.
- Experience in RT-PCR and Sanger sequencing.
- Additional experience within the field of biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology or biomedical science is desired.
Required Skills & Competencies
- A passion for laboratory-based research, method development and a desire to trouble-shoot and optimise experiments to produce high quality outputs.
- A passion for detailed record keeping and schedule adherence.
- A proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
How To Apply?
To apply for this position please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name and the position which you are applying for in the subject line. Please note that the successful candidate may be required to supply parchments of degrees/qualifications/work permits.
Informal enquiries can be made in confidence by contacting our Project Manager, Therese Keohane at email@example.com
NIBRT is an Equal Opportunities Employer.