The National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (‘NIBRT’) is a global centre of excellence, headquartered in Dublin that provides training and research solutions to the global biopharmaceutical manufacturing sector.
NIBRT arose from an innovative collaboration between University College Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin City University and the Institute of Technology, Sligo, with core funding by the Government of Ireland through Ireland’s inward investment agency, IDA Ireland.
NIBRT’s 6,500 M² facility has 90+ employees currently and houses fully operational pilot plants for biologics manufacturing training to industry and education as well as multiple research laboratories focussed on biopharmaceuticals manufacturing research.
Research CCL Group
Jonathan Bones, PI
12 Months – Specified Purpose
Open for applications
As soon as available (position to be filled as soon as possible)
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary and excellent suite of benefits including pension, private health insurance, income protection scheme, 25 days annual leave plus up to 3 additional company days off, generous training and career development supports, flexible working hours and work from home set up supported.
We develop and apply advanced analytical methods for biopharmaceutical characterisation based on our core competencies of liquid phase separations and high resolution mass spectrometry to achieve our goal. We’re committed to working with our academic and industry collaborative research partners, whose mission aligns strongly with ours, to do excellent science and deliver real impact so that everyone benefits. If you want to do excellent science, if you’re dedicated and want to make an impact, then come join us.
As a member of the CCL team, you’ll be joining a project that is focused on understanding the behaviour and clearance of small molecule process impurities during downstream processing of antibodies. You’ll be meticulous in detail when performing such trace analysis and you’ll understand the importance of method performance and validation to ensure utmost confidence in your data. Your attention to detail will be second to none. You’ll take pride in your research and you’ll be motivated to publish and present your data to show the world what you’ve done.
- Develop, validate and apply extraction techniques and analytical methods based on high resolution LC-MS, GC-MS and ICP-MS for ultratrace analysis of inorganic and organic contaminants in monoclonal antibody process streams.
- Apply your in depth chemistry knowledge to understand the behaviour of the analytes and develop models based on first principles to rationalise and predict their clearance during downstream processing.
- Provide fast and accurate updates to internal stakeholders and collaborative partners so that everyone is sharing the journey.
- Support and learn from collaborating scientists from our industrial partner to ensure that what you develop is directly applicable to address their requirements and aligns to their process needs.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation and you’ll actively publish and present your research outputs.
- Contribute to the on-going learning and success of the CCL team.
- You understand the challenges of biopharmaceutical manufacturing using single use technologies and you’re motivated to apply your knowledge experimentally to determine and mitigate potential risks that might be posed based on implementation of these solutions.
- You have excellent analytical experience, particularly in ultra-trace analysis with key focus on attention to detail.
- You’re a passionate communicator who is well able to articulate their science using written and verbal English to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- You’re hardworking, you embrace challenges and you’re motivated by the situations and environment that you find yourself in to do excellent research and deliver impactful science.
- You’re curious and ambitious, you have a track record of proposing and performing excellent analytical science which drives you to achieve.
- You hold a PhD or higher degree with equivalent research experience in a discipline that makes you suitable for this challenge.
- You have excellent self-awareness; you can adapt and maintain focus and composure when research poses its challenges.
- You’re a standout teammate, you see and believe in the bigger picture for the wider group, you hold yourself and others accountable to results and you’re committed to achieve.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
How To Apply?
To apply for this position please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include your name and the position which you are applying for in the subject line. Please note that the successful candidate may be required to supply parchments of degrees/qualifications/work permits.
Informal enquiries can be made in confidence by contacting our Project Manager, Therese Keohane at firstname.lastname@example.org
NIBRT is an Equal Opportunities Employer.