The Biopharma 4.0 Innovation Centre for Operations at NIBRT
What is Biopharma 4.0? What technologies are currently available? How are they suitable for GMP cleanroom environments and heavily regulated biopharma processes?
NIBRT and Boston Consulting Group (BCG) established the Biopharma 4.0 Innovation Centre for Operations (ICO) to help answer these questions. The ICO is focused on showcasing cutting- edge technologies such as augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and big data analytics in a GMP-replica environment, to demonstrate the revolutionary benefits of these technologies to the biopharmaceutical production process. The ICO demonstrates how these technologies can be seamlessly integrated with core operating processes to enable proof-of-concept studies on new innovations and new ways of working. Visitors to the ICO will experience an interactive and immersive journey into Biopharma 4.0.
Biopharma 4.0 Learning Packages at NIBRT
NIBRT have a variety of different B4.0 ICO packages available to deliver to clients on request. ICO tours, bespoke client-focused deep dives or interactive training courses can be delivered by NIBRT and BCG, to cater to the various needs of biopharma industry and academic clients.
These sessions will guide you through a conceptual “Facility of the Future”, focusing on designated key focus areas, Training, Manufacturing, QC, QA, Fill Finish and Plant Control Tower.
To enhance the B4.0 tours, training and bespoke sessions, NIBRT has acquired some exciting 4.0 technologies that you can try out as part of your session with us.
- VR training packages on aseptic tasks such as cell culture and inoculation, using an Oculus Quest or Rift S headset.
- AR headsets, such as the Realwear HMT-1, to record step-by-step instructions verbally and visually as you work hands-free and learn how your instructions can be automatically transcribed into an SOP.
- AR solutions, such as the Tulip system, to guide you through lab-based testing procedures.
- Mixed reality headsets such as the Microsoft Hololens 2, allowing you to connect with your colleagues remotely, sharing your field of view with them and assisting each other with complex tasks.
- RFID personnel and sample tracking to automatically update dynamic laboratory testing schedules and standard work plans.
- Digital Tier Boards and Dashboards for interactive information sharing at handover meetings, which can be facilitated remotely.